Monday, August 5, 2013

Review: Dirty Fences - Too High Too Kross

Hello boys & girls I have right here the raddest Rock N' Roll group to straight out of New York that I first learned about through Venice's very Eliminator Records! Through a contest on instagram I won a nice little package that came with possibly one of the greatest tapes I had so far heard this year by this band called DIRTY FENCES.



Side A begins as if a drunk RNR' burn-out stoned jean jacket wearing long hair stumbles out of a bar with the aims to kill those who have wronged him yet he knows all he wants is someone else's love (tonight) when the protagonist goes through the ups/falls of what to believe in yet where to go, but hey HEAVEN IS TONIGHT! It doesn't matter what the fuck is going on through your cranium, "In his eyes you're going no-where, HEAVEN IS TONIGHT!"

Meet me at the door? It'll all be okay, because I'll get by what-ever I need done. And you'll stand behind your couch, and you'll watch me from the "cold", and I don't care about what you got, because I "know". And now those who long to be with me stay by me and I'll keep you by my side and we'll be alright under your leather. But now I'm "Too High Too Kross" and "I don't need nothing, but when I come back you gotta gimme something."because your white lies have brought me down this deep dark adventure that I've indulged my life to for several years, but for what? So you could "Pull apart my heart and take it where you go?" But the difference between you and me is "I've got a soul and I know I'm alright tonight". I don't need you, I can take care of myself. I can leave you where you are and I'll be alright. But "I'm too high to cross so I cross myself" and what am I? I say things and know things, but do I through with them?


But it can't end. I put you in a corner of my mind, "back in my corner, let it be over, tonight" It doesn't matter how many drugs or how much alcohol I consume you'll "always be on my mind". YET WHO THE FUCK IS THIS GUY? This guy who is now in your life, I guess that's the downfall of living in this big city. As big as it is, he's a loser, you dropped the ball, and you'll just do what-ever someone else says.. and "you know i'm your guy", but all these times "I've been saving my nickles & dimes", it doesn't matter how much heart I have or how much I put up with.. I still have what no one else bothered to save. And I did what no man even bothered to do. So now I can live life in regret, but each dime is "precious". Waste everything away, waste your life, waste yourself, I'll still be getting by without you.

Seriously if you dig 70's Punk/Rock N' Roll, Ramones esque 4 chord riffs, rapid back and forth vocals, sing a-longs, and honestly.... GOOD FUCKING JAMZ that you can listen cruising down the road (I pop this bad boy in the tape deck of my suburban all the time!) then you gotta go get this tape from either Eliminator Records or the LP from Volcolm Entertainment!


Written by John Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment