Friday, September 13, 2013

Review: The Instigation - S/T 7"

Put on your boots because I present to you a 7" hailing from FAR EAST ASIA that does everything punk a band in America could do. With songs about foreigners, racist skinheads, not wanting to do anything, and of course a song about a gold digger however with the title "crack baby". I really am enjoying this band right now because I think a lot of these songs are hilarious. The fifth track Misery Guts has a line, "I don't wanna fuck a fob" And as a asian I know FOB means fresh off the boat, but what ponders me is thinking about a asian dude pissed off with work, his friends, etc but also being in a environment where foreigners constantly surround you thus allowing things like cheap sex and drugs to be in more ready access or racists. I'm not sure how big the white power skinhead thing is in far east asia but CVLT NATION taught me gay white power skinheads exist in Russia so I think realistically anything is quite possible. 

Instigation 7" Cover


I should also mention this band consists of members from Japan, UK, China, and Canada. Not only did they self-release their first 7" but they also stated I would like this if I liked Dean Dirg and Dead Dirg fucking rules (R.I.P.) anyways check it out bruh, and buy a copy there's only 200 of them and you know foreign shit is top bragging rights/punk points!

Contact the band for a record! theinstigation@gmail.com

Written by John Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment