Friday, September 13, 2013

Review: Metalleg - Hit of the Week

Remember that band DIRTY FENCES I reviewed a while back? Anyways coincidentally another band with members from said band from New York gets emailed into the site and damn I gotta say I've been digging this LP but then again I liked the TOO HIGH TOO KROSS LP so much I got both the tape version then the vinyl version haha.


When I think of bands like METALLEG or DIRTY FENCES I think of friends hanging out, jamming, and having a fun time but sharing a collective of experiences from their life while creating new ones while looking back in retrospective. The best lyrics as they say are short statements that are direct and straight to the point and first person making it very personal and enjoyable to the listener.

Definitely I can understand the pop punk tag that has been thrown onto this release by METALLEG because lyrically I still feel the TOO HIGH TOO KROSS vibe but more passive less drug induced and "adventurous". As if the feeling of being a hometown hero but growing out of that phase yet still longing for the past and the realities of just fucking suck and the choices you have are far few from what you really want.

METALLEG LP Cover

Anyways give this album a listen with the same singer of DIRTY FENCES, the vocal hooks and melodies are more than enough to get you hooked. Definitely looking forward to more releases by both DIRTY FENCES and METALLEG. Probably gonna order the color 12" and check out more New York bands now.

Listen to the album here!
Buy the album here!

Written by John Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment