Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Review: STYLSS: SUICIDE PACT: FOUR


Portland is a fantastic city and is a huge music community for aspiring artists. STYLSS, which is a Portland based label (and includes artists throughout the whole world) is just one of the most admirable and talented group of artists that really make Portland’s music community better. 

STYLSS recently released their “SUICIDE PACT: FOUR”. The release includes seventeen tracks by different artists. The Suicide pact starts with the track "Feelings" by INDICA + SATIVA. The song is extremely mellow and a clever way to prepare you for
the sixteen songs that come after. One of the tracks that really caught my attention was YOUNG GUTTED'S "GORE". The first moment I heard the track I got goosebumps by the chopped n screwed voice and intriguing background noise. About a week ago I was received an email from LOOK giving me a sneak peek at his track "Adapt" before it was even finished. Now, as I'm hearing the finished project, it's a true masterpiece. LOOK has produced many of my favorite pieces of music since I first started listening to many of STYLSS artists. QUARRY released an awesome track on the pact as well. His track "make-believe" is another slow track with a lot of great elements that really kept me hooked and is a track that I have listened to more than once. My favorite track off the album is Dead Fetus' "Piss Black". I found myself nodding my head and tapping my fingers throughout the whole track. 

STYLSS Suicide Pact is some of the best work I've heard from STYLSS and the artists keep releasing more tracks that are good enough to give anyone goosebumps. I have always been someone who was into punk and grunge growing up, but after I was introduced to STYLSS and the amazing artists included on the label almost a year ago, I have been hooked on all the music the artists produce. If you enjoy STYLSS Suicide Pact Four be sure to check out earlier work by all the artists and keep your eyes open for more awesome tracks coming your way.







Written By Emily Charnock

No comments:

Post a Comment